The role of this position is to obtain required local, state and federal environmental approvals for new/existing transmission line, substation, and telecommunications projects for AEPCO. The position develops and implements cultural and environmental plans and procedures applicable to transmission operations. In addition, this position manages the transmission operations and Benson campus waste disposal and recycling/salvage. This position is based at AEPCO's corporate headquarters in Benson, Arizona.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The minimum requirements of knowledge and previous experience necessary for an individual to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology or closely related fields.
- 2-3 years' relevant work experience. Experience in the utility industry, including knowledge of transmission and/or distribution operations preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws that apply to electric operations, including:
- National Historic Preservation Act
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Clean Water Act
- Resource Conversation and Recovery Act
- Toxic Substance Control Act
- Ability to work effectively with federal, state and local regulatory agency personnel
- High level of verbal and written communications skills, including ability to comprehend, digest and disseminate information regarding complex regulatory programs to lay audiences.
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and research abilities
- Knowledge of municipal and county zoning, planning and environmental permitting processes preferred
- Knowledge of Rural Utilities Service environmental requirements preferred
ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: The major activities for which this position is held ACCOUNTABLE.
- Conduct NHPA and NEPA analysis and compliance activities for capital projects and direct NEPA document preparation
- Conduct project-related compliance training for AEPCO personnel
- Obtain Arizona Corporation Commission, and other state and local project approvals
- Cultivate and maintain federal, state and local agency relationships
- Assist with coordination for public outreach efforts associated with project proposals
- Handle wildlife including snakes and injured or dead avian species
- Other duties as assigned
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com