Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you have extensive HSE experience and are looking for the challenge of supporting a fast-paced factory environment? Then we are looking for your skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Power.
HSE Blades The HSE Specialist, as part of the factory HSE team, is the point of contact for factory operations. Assists Factory Supervision and Management Teams in the administration of the Vestas HSE Management System. Conducts inspections, assists in investigations, and reviews of working conditions and behaviors to ensure compliance with occupational safety, health and environmental regulations that support the manufacturing of carbon composite turbine blades for ongoing and new operations.
- Plan, develop and implement safety and health standards, criteria and guidelines, such as those issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and Vestas Corporate applicable regulations. Monitors the factory’s compliance level and recommend action for identified at-risk situations
- Plan, develop and deliver HSE Training curriculum using standard computer presentation programs, to train team members, supervisors, and managers in factory and corporate Vestas HSE practices
- Leads HSE Management System review and input to process hazard assessments and change management of policy, procedures, machines, and equipment for injury prevention
- Conducts routine task and non-standard work-based Risk Assessments of job activities to objectively identify hazards to determine use of hierarchy for hazard controls
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Performs industrial hygiene and ergonomic surveys. Documents findings according to accepted procedures. Uses and maintains HSE related instrumentation, including calibration records.
- Ensures routine Inspections fire suppression equipment, emergency lighting, emergency shower and eyewash units, first-aid supplies, and any other applicable Life Safety device
- Routinely conducts/compiles HSE audits and inspections within applicable factory and other locations as requested for internal auditing assistance
- Delivers respiratory protection care, maintenance, and use program training as applicable
- Assists with investigative causes of injuries, accidents, incidents and near misses to identify preventive safety measures for incorporation into the safety program.
- Maintains programs and record keeping systems that track and evaluate Legal, ISO, OHSAS and Vestas Corporate compliance to established standards
- Review, edit and implement Internal Procedure documents pertaining to identified physical, behavioral, and legal risks and operational controls
- Maintains HSE files and records for internal and external auditing compliance
- Reports HSE data in weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
- Compiles and submits agency reports required by regulatory agencies
- Maintenance of the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) files locally and via the Vestas 3E MSDS Database
- Lead factory compliance for state and federal regulations for handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials and waste. Liaison with approved waste transporters and recyclers
- Performs all required duties in relation to the identification, inspection and management of the waste disposal program. Assists in identifying waste streams, implementation of labeling of waste containers, and obtains labels
- Performs training in the Recycling and Hazardous Waste Contingency plans to affected workers. Arranges for disposal of liquid and solid wastes; maintains State-required records
- Act as Safety Coordinator/ Liaison for Hazardous Materials and Waste, Spill, and Emergency Response / Contingency Plan. Ability to act accordingly to initiate appropriate response to hazardous situations
- Assist and monitor the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce team member lost time and tracking for OSHA recordkeeping purposes
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; in Occupational Safety & Health or Industrial Safety, or similar perspective or 7 years of direct experience with training/certifications; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Workers Compensation, HSE, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 program management, Industrial Hygiene principles and equipment
- Familiarity with Behavioral Safety Principles and execution
- In depth knowledge of Root Cause Analysis methodologies
- Natural ability to lead co-workers
- Personal desire to promote a positive culture for health, safety, and environmental responsibility
- Impact: Affect preservation of life and property and reputation in regards to Injury, Incident, and Near Miss frequency reduction and improvements that create a leaner manufacturing while minimizing/ eliminating any potential impact that a customer may experience.
- Communication: High-level verbal and written communication skills required within company, QSE team, stakeholders, in all levels of the organization, which may be located in different time zones and countries across the global company footprint
- Innovation: Analysis, evaluation leading to continuous improvement, new processes/techniques or knowledge development.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: One to two direct reports of HSE Professionals, Coordinators, or Technician level. Provide subject matter development strategy and conduct periodic performance feedback for continuous improvement and or development opportunities.
What we offer As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
To Apply: Click Apply Now and search Job Number 170001E2
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com