Advisian, an independent consulting arm of the WorleyParsons group is a unique consulting firm, differentiated by our global reach, deep technical knowledge and ability to implement the advice we provide. We operate across 20 countries with over 3,000 people in the Hydrocarbons, Infrastructure, Minerals and Metals and Chemicals sectors. We offer a comprehensive combination of strategic management advice, deep domain knowledge and unparalleled technical know-how to deliver implementable solutions. We first advise, then go on to deliver extraordinary outcomes based on that advice. Our Environment Group has a reputation for its strength in advising on and delivering environmental impact assessments, planning approvals across resource, energy and infrastructure projects. It has achieved this by providing public, private and industry clients with expertise and leadership on a local, regional, national and international platform. This opportunity to join the team as a Principal Environmental Planner / Scientist is an opportunity for you to contribute to the further growth and success of this business. Responsibilities
- Provide high quality consulting: advising on the NSW and Commonwealth planning approval process; and technically preparing business case, feasibility and environmental impact assessment documentation
- Build the Planning and Environmental Assessment capability further in line with Advisian’s strategies with a focus on the key growth areas of infrastructure, transportation, water, oil and gas, power and mining
- Promote planning and environmental assessment capabilities both internally and externally, expanding Advisian’s client base, winning business, providing strategic value-add advice to clients, negotiation with statutory authorities and directing projects to meet Advisian’s financial objectives
- Scope and be accountable for coordinating proposals and tender submissions, report writing and presentations on related projects and studies
- Establish and maintain adherence to project deliverables with respect to safety, quality, cost and schedule
- Practice and promote our OneWay vision and our zero harm to our people and the environment, via the implementation of initiatives to all stakeholders and colleagues around us and mentorship to staff
What you will bring
- Highly effective technical and practical environmental assessment and planning approval skills and qualifications
- An ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Advisian and its customers.
- A proven track record of managing and working with a multidisciplinary team.
- A recognised environmental planning or science degree with principal level experience.
- Thorough understanding and experience in the implementation of NSW and Commonwealth planning legislation and processes. A proven track record in leading a range of environmental impact assessments in NSW (including transport, resource, energy, water and infrastructure) in either a Project Manager or Project Director role.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external clients at senior levels to implement and execute successful business strategies.
- Experience in leading proposals and bids, including excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information to a broad range of stakeholders.
Unposting Date: May 13, 2017
Why Join Us?
- An opportunity to be a part of Advisian’s story.
- We foster a culture where our people are keen to contribute their ideas. Every one of use can be innovators and the business values all of our input.
- We offer unparralled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth.
To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com