The Policy Manager Asia Pacific will be responsible for securing the quality of the development and revi-sion of National Forest Stewardship Standards and for advising Controlled Wood National Risk As-sessments in Asia Pacific.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop and coordinate a network for standard developers in Asia Pacific.
- To supervise and control the quality of the standard developers in developing National Standards.
- To advise and assist Network Partners and key stakeholders in setting up and facilitating Standard Development Groups (SDG), and Technical Working Groups for Interim National Standards, in compliance with FSC standards and procedures (60-00x series). This includes:
- Design and provision of training program(s) to Network Partners and SDGs.
- Advice on and facilitation of standard development processes as appropriate.
- Monitoring of standard development processes and provision of regular progress updates to FSC IC, FSC APRO, FSC Network Partners, SDG coordinators and other relevant stakeholders.
- To develop service agreements and corresponding Terms of References.
- To facilitate and participate the stakeholder meetings for developing the Interim National Standards, when requested by the TWGs (see FSC-STD-60-007).
- To represent FSC IC and FSC APRO externally at regional events and in fora with relevance for standard development.
- To advise and assist Network Partners and CW NRA working groups on behalf of the CW Program as appropriate.
- Additional Tasks as agreed with the Regional Director Asia Pacific.
Terms and Conditions:
- Location: Hong Kong.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years (extension possible).
- Starting Date: 01 August 2017.
- Travel: Frequent travel is required.
The deadline for applications is 28 May 2017.