Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Regional Sales Manager position will be responsible for increasing sales in assigned territory through growth and development of existing commercial dealers (install partners) and recruitment, acquisition, and spin-up of new partners. This is the primary point of sales contact through the commercial dealer channel. To succeed in this role, a Regional Sales Manager must act as an advisor, consultant, and business coach to dealers. They must also serve as trainer, coach, and mentor to the dealers’ sales staff.
The Regional Sales Manager will also act as the dealers’ internal advocate while interfacing with marketing, customer service, channel management, operations, logistics, IT, and finance to ensure a best in class customer experience. Additionally, the Regional Sales Manager of Northern MA, CT & RI will solicit feedback on products and services, collect market intelligence, and drive product/service improvements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Conduct regular, specific appointments with dealers to communicate key messages
- Collect dealer feedback and notes from appointments and submit dealer call sheets for each
- Communicate any open or follow-up items to dealer after appointment in dealer call summary
- Schedule and conduct on-site training of the dealers’ sales reps relative to product information and selling techniques
- Submit weekly roll-ups summarizing wins, challenges, opportunities and innovations along with a sales forecast and partner meeting recaps
- Maintain dealer partner opportunity records in company CRM on a daily basis
- Manage day to day communications with dealer partners including pricing, new products and other announcements
- Solicit, receive, route, follow-up, and resolve dealer concerns and complaints
- Solicit installer partner feedback for product and service improvements
- Gather market intelligence from dealers and report
- Frequent regional travel (80%) to dealer partners will be required (average 6 – 12 overnight stays per month)
- 3 weeks annually focused on national and regional sales meetings, and dealer conferences
- Maintain accurate records of customer communication
- Track metrics to evaluate dealer partner performance
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements - The least amount of skills and training candidates must have to do a specific job. Candidates not meeting these requirements will not be hired for this position.
Education and Experience
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com