Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of collaborative programs in urban areas, low income communities and communities of color that address community concerns related to water.
- Conduct programs to build the capacity of local groups to succeed in influencing decisions that impact their communities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals including decision-makers and community organizations with interest in water issues.
- Provide opportunities for leaders in community groups to connect with others doing similar work as well as governmental and business leaders.
- Create opportunities for trainings and events that help local groups and individuals develop power and a voice on their issues.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and collaboratives to influence policy in ways that reflect the needs of local communities and work for equity in implementation.
General Job Requirements:
- Participate and assist with Freshwater Future staff meetings and events.
- Attend board meetings as appropriate.
- Assist with organizational planning.
The Program Associate will have excellent interpersonal skills preferably with a Bachelor’s Degree, nonprofit or advocacy background, excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent computer skills in MS programs including databases, spreadsheets, and word processing; and experience with program and staff management. The position requires excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and a commitment to equity and inclusion. Travel is required.
Freshwater Future is an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com