OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE
Responsible for creating, developing, managing, coordinating, and carry out plans for profitable sales growth through product development and product selection by performing the following duties.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all aspects and stages of new product development process for the development of innovative proprietary products through partnerships, knowledge of science and science education, and own creative abilities.
- Build on existing products based on changes in science standards and customer feedback.
- Independently manage, develop, and work with internal and external parties to bring digital and print products to market.
- Develop a deep understanding of curriculum market segments. Assist in identifying new growth initiatives, new applications for existing products, new markets, and new vendors.
- Develops science educational content for various science discipline areas based on needs and goals of curriculum group.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in science education, science standards, and courses of study to ensure alignment and quality of new products.
- Keep abreast of new development in current science research that may be translated to the science education market.
- Identify potential new product development opportunities with outside organizations.
- Develop, foster, and maintain relationships with customers to create a pool of product testing agents.
- Enhance curriculum product marketing efforts by attending tradeshows and giving workshops.
- Support Curriculum Marketing and Sales groups by providing information and training to Marketing Managers and Sales Staff on new products.
- Interact with Operations to ensure that product specifications are clearly defined.
- Test and evaluate materials as needed to ensure quality of existing items.
- Maintains harmony and serves as a role model for appropriate management behavior and attitudes for peers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in Science Education or science field with related formal/ informal education work experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of elementary, middle school, and/or high school (or combination thereof) science education experience; or equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience. Experience in curriculum planning, development, and/or alignment preferred.
Specialized Training/Skills: Ability to effectively plan, implement, and monitor self-directed and group projects. Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com