We are seeking a part-time program coordinator from June 2017 through June 2018 averaging 50 hours a month. There is a possibility of extension if funding becomes available. The coordinator will be hired as a contractor. The Energy Masters program coordinator will work closely with staff at Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment and Virginia Cooperative Extension as well as volunteers and partners to coordinate key activities for execution of the Energy Masters Program.
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of the training program.
- Participate in the site visit and site selection for work days..
- Interview potential volunteer candidates for the program and following up with applicants about the outcome.
- Organize the training sessions.
- Maintain inventory of all program supplies.
- Organize and facilitate work days including working with housing partners.
- Compile program results and draft reports to be shared with housing partners and program partners.
- Coordinate community outreach and education events.
- Perform other duties as needed.
We’re looking for someone with …
- Solid supervisory and leadership skills and enjoy working with diverse populations.
- The ability to thrive on logistical challenges.
- Experience juggling competing priorities and demands.
- The ability to diplomatically address problems and issues using sound judgment.
- Stong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience, strong interest, and/or skills in energy and water conservation and environmental education and outreach.
- Experience working with volunteers.
Bonus points for …
- Spanish language proficiency.
ACE provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex or age, or other status protected by law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com